San Francisco Attractions
San Francisco Symphony
The San Francisco Symphony stands as an icon to the resiliency of San Francisco. The 1906 earthquake in the great city may have destroyed the buildings, but one thing was clear - San Franciscans were not about to live without their music. Plans to rebuild the city's musical future were immediate. Five years later, the current San Francisco Symphony was born.
How Many Acres Is Golden Gate Park?
It's natural to wonder how many acres Golden Gate Park contains as you walk through this amazing paradise in the heart of San Francisco. At more than 1,000 acres, Golden Gate Park is bigger than 750 football fields, but it's also amazingly accessible.
San Francisco Mint Tours
San Francisco Mint tours ended in the early 1970s, but you can still enjoy the beauty of the building's exterior and learn about coin production with a fun virtual tour.
- Crookedest Streets in San Francisco
- Marin Headlands Campground Options
- San Francisco Mint State Quarters
- San Francisco Tourism Information
- Facts on the Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco Theater
- Jelly Belly Factory
- Aquarium by the Bay San Francisco
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Golden Gate Fields
- Coit Tower
- Directions to Golden Gate Park
- San Quentin State Prison
- Television Shows Set in San Francisco
- Interview with the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- San Francisco Aquariums
- Marin Headlands
- Angel Island History
With so much to do right in the San Francisco area, you don't have to venture outside of the city limits if you don't want to. However, the surrounding countryside is also home to attractions that you might not want to miss. A few of the many attractions you can learn about when visiting this site include:
- Tours: Take a city tour or set aside time to go through local points of interest such as the San Francisco Zoo, Steinhart Aquarium, Six Flags Marine World, Alcatraz or the Jelly Belly factory.
- Museums: Choose among the Bay Area's many museums, including the Museum of Cartoon Art, the Walt Disney Family Museum and a number of kids' museums.
- Culture: Find out how you can enjoy an evening of cultural performances at the theater, the symphony, the opera or the ballet.
- Waterfront: Spend some time at San Francisco's North Beach or venture outside of town to Carmel or Monterey to enjoy lovely Pacific Ocean views.
- Neighborhoods: Get a sense of the area's history and culture by strolling through the Mission District, Chinatown, Haight Ashbury and Yerba Buena.
- Nature: Enjoy the lovely weather and scenery by visiting spots like Golden Gate Park and the Marin Headlands area just north of town.
When you're ready to learn about the many attractions throughout the Bay Area, let LoveToKnow be your trusted resource for helpful information. The editorial team is focused on letting readers know about the best San Francisco has to offer. From lists of free things to do to helping readers find attraction coupons, you'll find many outing and vacation planning tools every time you visit.