As one of the United States' premier cities, San Francisco is not lacking in good quality dental or medical services. To select a dental practice in the Bay area, consider the type of practice setting and size you prefer, the kind of services and procedures offered, the costs involved, the convenience of the location, and your type of insurance or financial situation.
The University of California at San Francisco School of Dentistry, like other dental schools in the United States, provides a complete array of dental services for adults and children. At UCSF Dental Center, you will benefit from the experienced faculty of general dentists and specialists of a major U. S. university, who keep abreast of the latest information and technology. Facebook reviewers give the practice a 4.3 out of 5 star rating for "wonder dentists and surgeons" and excellent service.
Dental care at the UCSF Dental Center ranges from teeth cleaning to dental prosthetics and complicated dental surgery. The types of practice include:
- A faculty group practice: You will be receive personalized services from the school's faculty who provide everything from simple, general dental care to advanced, specialized, cutting-edge dental procedures. Expect to get faster service in the faculty practice than in the student or resident clinics.
- A medical student clinic and a dental resident clinic: These clinics are closely supervised by on-site dentistry faculty. The benefit to you is the affordable care if you don't have dental insurance, because the cost is usually less than in the faculty practice. Many people use the student and resident services as a way to afford otherwise expensive dental care and others do so to provide experience for doctors-in-training.
There are two locations for the UCSF Dental Center:
- The Parnassus Dental Center is at 707 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143. Its phone number is 415-476-1891.
- The Buchanan Dental Center is at 100 Buchanan Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. It can be reached at 415-476-5608.
The University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry dental practices provide comprehensive care to adults and children starting at age 14. As with the UCSF School of Dentistry, you get the full benefits of dental-school affiliated practices with doctors who teach and therefore keep their knowledge and practice current. Patients give great reviews on Yelp for the school's excellent doctors and staff, the quality of care, its flexible payment plan, and modern facilities.
The dental practices on campus at the School of Dentistry include:
- The San Francisco Main Clinic is where the faculty supervise medical students and dental residents in training. This practice provides a range of dental care including cleanings, fillings, veneers and dental implants. This clinic is on the school's campus at 155 Fifth Street, Second and Third Floor Group Practices, San Francisco, CA 94103. The phone number is 415-929-6501.
- The Faculty Dental Service Group is the academic private practice, consisting of nationally known general dentists and specialists in all areas of dentistry. Dental services include crowns and bridges, dentures and implants, and cosmetic procedures. Fees vary by doctor but they all accept insurance and other forms of payment. The group's website notes that fees are 30% to 40% lower than other private practices in the area. The faculty practice is located at 155 Fifth Street, Second Floor Specialty Clinic, San Francisco, CA 94103. The phone number is 415-929-6524.
The dental school also offers services at two other locations off campus:
- The Union City Dental Care Center offers services from graduate dental residents who are in advanced training. They provide comprehensive dental care and procedures supervised by the faculty of the dental school. Fees are said to be 20% lower than those of other local private practices. The center is located at 1203 J Street, Union City, CA 94587 and it can be reached at 510-489-5200.
- The Pacific Dental Care Clinic provides no cost dental hygiene, prevention and maintenance by faculty-supervised dental hygienists on the Stockton campus of the University. Find it at 757 Brookside Road, 2nd floor, Stockton, CA 95211. The phone number is 209-946-7404.
San Francisco Dental Care is the small private practice of Mary Anne Baysac, DDS, who earned her degrees from UCSF and Boston University. Patients on demandforce.com give Dr. Baysac five star reviews for "excellent, compassionate dental care," a professional practice and "excellent quality of service."
Dr. Baysac provides dental care to adults and children of all ages. Her services include general dental care and maintenance, braces, teeth whitening, dental crowns and implants, and emergency care.
The practice is located at 4200 California Street #210, San Francisco, CA 94118. Its phone number is 415-668-0526.
Sansome Dental Care provides general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry, using modern technology. It is the solo dental practice of Dr. Sean Moran who accepts most insurances and you can also pay by cash or credit card. Dr. Moran's practice gets many glowing reviews on demandforce. Some reviewers who have been going to the practice for over 30 years note that Dr. Moran is "stellar" and the staff is warm, friendly and attentive.
This dental office is located in the convenience of San Francisco's financial district at 415 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94111. Call the office at 415-433-9032
The Smile Center offers general dentistry for adults and children with an emphasis on preventive care. Services include dental cleaning, Invisalign braces, implants, veneers and orthodontics. Dental care is provided by Dr. Eric Debbane, DDS, a graduate of the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, and Dr. Daniel Kim, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
The doctors and the staff at The Smile Center speak five languages between them and the practice gets overall excellent reviews on Yelp. Patients, some of whom have been returning for over 20 years, rate the practice and doctors as excellent or outstanding.
The Smile Center is located in the Mission district at 2515 A Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. The phone number for the office is 415-906-3081.
Children's Choice Pediatric Dental Care is your choice if you are looking for a pediatric-only dental practice. This is a group practice of six pediatric general dentists and specialists. They are a full service, modern practice that accommodates special needs children. Children's Choice Pediatric Dental Care take most dental insurance, credit cards and cash, but no personal checks.
Reviews on the practice's Facebook page give the group a 4.6 out 5 star rating. Parents note years of taking their children to the practice and satisfaction with the excellent doctors and the services. The group's Facebook page also showcases their community involvement.
The Children's Choice Pediatric Dental Care has two locations in San Francisco:
- The Mission area dental practice is located at 2480 Mission Street, Suite 323, San Francisco, CA 94110. Phone: 415-692-0273.
- The Marina area practice is at 3309 Fillmore Street, Suite A, San Francisco, CA 94123. Phone: 415-735-4374.
Glen Park Dental provides general dental and orthodontic services for adults and children. There are six doctors in this group practice offering a range of general dental care, including fillings, sealants, braces and minor dental surgery. They offer individual payment arrangements if needed. Glen Park Dental has many five-star reviews on Yelp. Reviewers remark on the excellent and knowledgeable doctors, the clean and comfortable office, and the caring, friendly, and "amazing" staff.
You will find the practice conveniently located at the Glen Park Bart train station at 590 Bosworth Street, San Francisco, CA 94131. The phone number is 415-585-1500.
Rincon Dental provides general, cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry. Services include veneers, bridges, implants and Invisalign braces. This is the solo dental practice of Dr. Steve Byun, a graduate of UCSF. The practice gets excellent reviews on demandforce.com with patients describing it as "topnotch," "excellent," "efficient," "knowledgeable," and "caring."
Rincon Dental is located at 121 Spear Street #16, San Francisco, CA 94105. Reach the office at 415-974-6722.
Finding excellent dental services in San Francisco should not be difficult. Choose one that best matches your preferences and circumstances. You can also visit the San Francisco Dental Society website to search for more dental practices in the area.