The San Francisco Go Card is an admission card to the major attractions in the Bay Area that gives you major savings on over 45 attractions, tours, restaurants, wine tasting and shopping.
Enjoy San Francisco - Go Card Attractions
Officially called the "Go San Francisco Card", this credit card-sized discount card lets you enjoy attractions, play, shop, tour, eat and wine tasting at budget-saving prices. A one-time payment for the card gives the cardholder free general admission between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. at over 45 of the best attractions, activities and tours in the Bay Area (including Napa/Sonoma Valley, Muir Woods, Sausalito, Monterey and Carmel) such as:
- Golden Gate Bay Cruise
- Cable Car Ride
- Trolley tour
- de Young Museum
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Asian Art Museum
- Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf
- Yerba Buena Center for Arts
- Aquarium of the Bay
- Conservatory of Flowers
- Carmel Mission
- Deals and savings such as:
- Complimentary coffee, salad, appetizer desserts with meal purchase
- 10 to 20 percent savings at food and bars
- Coupon booklets to gift shops and outlet shopping
- 10 to 20 percent savings at major department stores
- 40 to 50 percent savings on tours
Free Guidebook for Trip Planning
Each order for the Go San Francisco Card comes with a guidebook that includes a wealth of information about all the attractions covered by the Go Card including:
- Maps of downtown SF and surrounding areas, showing all covered attractions
- Full page of detailed info on each place you can visit using the Go Card
- Interesting facts about San Francisco
- Background information arranged by historic neighborhood
- Sample itineraries focusing on specific themes such as:
- Kids activities
- Historic sites
- Art and culture
- Rainy day activities
You don't have to wait until you have your Go Card to see the guidebook. You can download the guidebook at no cost to see all of the attractions and discounts and to start your trip planning.
Customize Your Trip
Not everyone has the same number of days to enjoy the attractions. Go Cards can be purchased for a 1-day duration or for various durations up to a 7-day card. You can also purchase a combination of card durations to meet your specific needs. For example, if your teenagers are going to enjoy their own activities on one day, a family might purchase 2-day cards for each of the teenagers, and 3-day cards for each of the members of the rest of the family.
You can use your guidebook to plan an itinerary that matches your particular interests. Check out the sample itineraries on the Go Card website to get a feel for what you and your family can easily accomplish during a specific time-frame. Here are a few examples of sample itineraries to give you an idea of how many attractions you can enjoy (and the money saved!) in a day, or a series of days:
How to Order
Each individual must have their own Go Card. The prices for the card vary based on the seasons and special promotions. You can use the following prices as an example of the card prices, but be sure to check the website for the current prices and order them right there online.
- 1-day card - Adult 13+ $79, Child 3-12 $69
- 3-day card - Adult 13+ $149, Child 3-12 $119
- 5-day card - Adult 13+ $189, Child 3-12 $149
The card can be picked up in San Francisco or the order can be shipped to you for $5. Each order comes with a printed guidebook. Additional guidebooks can be requested with an additional $2 shipping/handling charge.
A Few Last Words
The Go Card is an excellent way for anyone to save money while visiting San Francisco - Go Card attractions can be enjoyed by both tourists and local residents. They also make great gifts, since the recipients have a year to use the card. Be sure to keep the cards in a safe place, since lost cards are not refundable.