San Francisco Shopping Center
If you're looking for a San Francisco shopping center, then you're in the right place. The City is full of places to spend money, and the area is known for not only its high-fashion scene, but also its bargain values. Regardless of what you're looking for, you're sure to find it in one of San Francisco's many malls and shopping areas.
San Francisco has countless shopping centers, many of which are accessible by public transportation. If you're looking for a place to shop, check out these lovely centers:
- Embarcadero Center - With a wide variety of stores to choose from, the Embarcadero Center is a great place to hang out and window shop. You'll find many large and small chains, as well as a few specialty shops that you'll find nowhere else. Peppered with tasty restaurants, this is also a great place to grab lunch.
- Stonestown Galleria - Stonestown is a great mall out in the Sunset district, and you can get there by taking the Muni M line down 19th Street. Here you'll find a good deal of larger chain stores that you won't find in many of the other shopping centers of San Francisco.
- Union Square - This outdoor shopping area spans almost a square mile in the center of the City, and you'll be hard pressed to find a more complete shopping center. Besides great stores, you'll also find some of the best restaurants San Francisco has to offer.
If you're looking for a unique San Francisco shopping center, then go right to the best mall in town: San Francisco Centre Shopping Mall, also known as Westfield San Francisco. Complete with large chains and small, stylish boutiques, this beautiful mall is the perfect place to do your shopping in the City. Don't miss the circular escalator.
The San Francisco Shopping Centre is open from 10:00am to 8:30pm Monday through Saturday, and on Sundays from 10:00am to 7:00pm. Restaurants and department stores may have separate hours.
If you are driving to San Francisco Centre, you can put your car in the following lots. Keep in mind these are paid lots, so you will accrue an hourly fee for parking:
- The Ellis O'Farrell Garage: located off Ellis Street between Powell and Stockton.
- The Union Square Garage: located off Geary Street between Powell and Stockton.
- The Jessie Street Garage: located off 3rd Street, on your left hand side, just before you cross Market Street).
There is also a valet service at the mall from November to December to help accommodate Holiday shopping crowds. To use the valet service, take your car to the Mission Street adjacent to the Bloomingdale's entrance, take a seat and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
This mall is centrally located on Market Street, across the street from the Powell Street cable car turnaround, right where 5th Street meets Cyril Magnin.
If you're taking public transportation, you have many options for finding San Francisco Centre. All of Muni's Market Street lines run right past it, and you can take any of the Muni Lightrail trains to the Powell Street station. The following lines run to the mall:
The following busses also stop nearby:
Also, the Powell Street BART station opens into the basement of the mall, so any San Francisco-bound BART line will take you directly to the mall.